Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The Frustration Of Knowing I Can Help!

Somewhere I read the statistic that two of at least every ten cars that pass by have drivers suffering needlessly from pain. Another statistic well known to Chiropractors is that only one or two out of a hundred of those same cars that go by have a Chiropractor helping them with their health.

In a local coffee shop yesterday, should I admit Starbucks, the Question Of The Day, to win a free shot, was; What phobia is the most prevalent world-wide. I thought maybe it was the fear of snakes, is that snakeaphobia? Actually it is Ophidiophobia. I knew it was not the fear of flying (Aviophobia) because the whole world does not have easy access to airports let alone the money required to fly.

You can of course look these all up yourself googling phobia and fears and you may find http://phobialist.com/reverse.html.

Curiosity got the better of me so I finally asked the braista doing the rounds of straightening chairs and tables what the number one fear is. Turns out the phobia most prominent world-wide is known by several names with Algiophobia being the first listed. The fear of pain!

Pain. At least two out of every ten cars passing by hold someone having some type of pain. Be it a headache, neck pain, back pain, wrist arm foot knee ear pain. It's all out there going by.

Usually for the lack of a simple easy PAINLESS chiropractic adjustment these people continue to suffer. They seek appointments to insurance approved medical doctors who give them drugs. What for? To get out of pain. Never getting to the neurological root cause that is allowing the pain to talk to the person in the first place.

Yes, pain is talking to you. Do you actually think it would be a good thing to never feel any pain? If so check out some of the kids born without any neurological pain receptors known as CIPA -- congenital insensitivity to pain with anhidrosisca. Not at all an exciting way to live. http://www.cnn.com/2006/HEALTH/conditions/02/03/btsc.oppenheim/

What keeps them away from a simple though life changing adjustment? Their insurance doesn't cover it. They heard about a cousin who had a neighbor who went to a Chiropractor and got worse. Their sister's husband's brother has a friend who is an orthopedic surgeon who said never let a Chiropractor touch your neck. Bla, bla bla, I have heard it all. Seen it all. Even helped some of these people. I have saved vacations when in tropical climates far from home I noticed someone across the pool suffering.

Think about it. You know in your heart you could provide a safe, painless adjustment that just might help alleviate the real reason someone is suffering from a symptom. But you can't help them because they just don't know.

I live with it everyday.

How do I stay sane in my knowledge? Every now and then one of these folks will stumble blindly into my office. The Universe will send them in. Even though they have no clue why they are coming to me they will show up.

Another life will change. I call it pulling another one out of the fire.

Pretty interesting actually. I spent the first couple of decades of my professional life pulling people out of fires with my firefighting experience. Now I pull people out of the medicalized insurance company managed and drug company controlled system that just grinds away at your health if you don't wake up.

I just want to wake up one person a day. That would be fine with me. Just get to one more car driving by.

No comments: