Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Live like It's Your Last Day.

(I started this blog almost a year ago.)

Today a good friend of mine called leaving a message at the front desk.



When I saw the name I knew I needed to call back right away.



I had gotten a call from him Sunday night. He was having weakness on one side of his body. He wanted to know if I had any ideas of what it might be. I suggested he call 911. He did promptly get to the hospital emergency room.

(That's where I stopped and put it into the draft. I just didn't know what to write back then.)


(Finishing now.)

Well of course the thought of a stroke came to mind.

And that's exactly what it was.

Guess how hold he is? Can you believe 33 years old?

Crazy. Whats more can you believe a person having a stroke would call a chiropractor?

I won't go into the whole story because it would violate privacy but whats the final outcome for my 33 y.o. pt with a stroke?

He came back to me for adjustments on release from the hospital.

Right now he has gained full function and is getting ready to return to his active profession.

Live like it's your last day. Reach out to those who care about you. When a crisis occurs get the help you need asap then look to all your friends, family and loved ones for help. And yes, give your chiropractor a call.

We are there to help also!

No comments: